To enable agricultural research and innovation, including extension services, to contribute effectively to food and nutrition security; economic development and climate mitigation in Africa.
Specifically, the project shall;
- Strengthen the operational capacity of AFAAS and its sub regional partner organizations;
- Improve collaboration within and among the national, sub regional and continental agriculture research and extension organizations;
- Promote policy enhancement in agricultural research and innovation;
- Create climate-relevant innovations;
- Promote investments and market linkages; and
- Enhance knowledge generation and dissemination in support of decision making, advocacy and innovation sharing.